Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Skylar's 2nd Birthday!!!

Busy busy weekend! We went to Salmon for the weekend, got home Sunday at 4 and had Skylar's birthday party at 7. Which isn't so bad, but I had to make her cake for her. So if it doesn't look good.......that's why. I was in a hurry! Evan wasn't feeling too good on Sunday, so he is being kindof goofy in this picture. I wanted to do a Minnie Mouse theme, but it is hard to find anything birthday stuff that has minnie on it! Everything is Tinkerbell and Princess stuff. So I found these cheesy Mickey ears. They look kinda dorky, but oh well!




Here is a picture of her cake. It didn't quiet turn out like the cake in my head, but it worked. The pans I bought were pretty thick, so I assumed the cakes would be that thick. But they weren't. I guess I didn't put enough batter into them. So the layers were small, but overall I think it turned out pretty cute.



Skylar and Grandma before her party started!
Happy Birthday baby girl!!! She is at the point where she is putting sentences together. It is way cute to hear her talk. She thinks she is as big as her brother (which she almost is) but there is a big difference in ability to do stuff. She sure tries to do everything he does though. She loves to take off her clothes. Don't ask me why! She is always walking around with no pants on. Or she goes through her dresser and pulls out all her pants/shorts and tries to put them all on. I have had friends who have girls who are obsessed with clothes and shoes and necklas's and makeup, but I am suprised at how it is pretty much in little girl's DNA to like that stuff! She always is pulling my shoes out of the closet, putting on makeup when mommy does, she now has to pick out what she wears (funny but frustrating). She puts a smile on my face every day and she definantly is my little princess!!!




1 comment:

  1. I think your cake looks super cute. How on earth did you make black frosting? I remember 2 being such a fun age, until the terribleness started. and lasted. For 3 years. Hopefully you don't get that kind of attitude from you little gal!

    ReplyDelete